Sunday, August 27, 2006

Eugene Peterson's Satanic "Lord's Prayer"!

Anyone who knows me knows I don't like the "message" of Eugene Peterson! That is such a disrespectful translation of the Bible, run amok with seeker friendly "updated (slang) language"! It certianly is "fitting for our culture"! It it not the least bit holy or reverent.

Hey, dude, did you know the holy inspired word of God says "To hell with you"? (I am being facetious)! It does according to Peterson.

Eugene Peterson has the abysmal brazenness to desecrate the Scripture in this manner. What is shocking is that seminary professors are actually endorsing this guy! Look at what he does to the precious Lord's Prayer:

"as above, so below" (The Message, Peterson, Matt. 6)

That is Satanism! The witches pray the same prayer.

This type of "updated language" would probably be a hit with the "Jesus" crowd at Cornerstone with disrespectful messages like the one I saw there last month on the van pictured above.

http://www.av1611.org/kjv/mess_bible.html

And "above", thank God, is not at all like it is below!!! I am so thankful for the Bible (the accurate translations!), and the purity and holiness of God. Woe to any man who would dare to make Him like us, wretched and depraved sinners in need of Savior like Jesus.

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts and the whole earth is filled with His glory...then I said, 'Woe is me, for I am ruined, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people with unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of Hosts.'" Isaiah 6: 3-5

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven." Matt. 12:31

Longing for heaven, where our trials and temptations are no more, and we are FAR away from sin and "unclean lips", and defilement of the name of Jesus, saved forever from the vile "domain of the evil one",

Dwayna