Monday, April 21, 2008

Each Step I Take the Savior Goes Before Me

“Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen." Jude 24-25

Here is more encouragement compiled by Berit Kjos:

Song lyrics to a hymn:

Each step I take my Saviour goes before me,
And with His loving hand He leads the way,
And with each breath I whisper "I adore Thee;"
Oh, what joy to walk with Him each day.

Refrain:

Each step I take I know that He will guide me;
To higher ground He ever leads me on.
Until some day the last step will be taken.
Each step I take just leads me closer home.

The melody: http://www.geocities.com/situskris/nkb_188_each_step_i_take.htm
This Indonesian version of the melody the only midi link I could find. You may not like the rhythm instruments at the beginning, but the melody itself is beautiful.

Another special message from Voice of the Martyrs: "Extreme Devotion:

Brother Ho was sick and running a fever when he and his friend stepped into the icy waters of the Mekong River. They were Bible students in Laos before the Communist soldiers overran their college.

They barely escaped with their lives on their way to Thailand. They could not say goodbye to their families, who were not Christians, because they might be turned over to the police. So they said a silent prayer and stepped into the cold, muddy, river with precious cargo strapped to their backs—Bibles wrapped in plastic. Other earthly possessions were left behind.

Ho thought to himself, “Lord, at least if we die, they will know we are Christians and hopefully read one of these Bibles.”

About halfway across the river, Ho’s friend desperately shifted the plastic bag under his chest to float on it. The sudden splashing noise alerted the guards in a nearby tower, and they shined a spotlight onto the river. The light flashed over one of the plastic bundles and the guard dismissed it as just a fish.

Relieved, Ho and his friend quietly made their way to the Thailand side of the river. They thanked God that their Bibles contained the words of eternal life and had also saved their lives that night. After arriving to safety, they dedicated themselves to ministering in the many refugee camps of Thailand.

To His glory,
Berit
www.crossroad.to