Wednesday, August 14, 2013

LTW Update: NYC Outreach

Here are photos from last Saturday's outreach at the Long Island Railroad. The team was Heidi, Yvonne and Dwayna, and we had a wonderful time telling people about Jesus and inviting many to our church, Heritage Bapt. A group of Spanish speaking people came by, and they were all very open, especially the children. We gave them all materials in Spanish. We saw our friend again, whose grandmother taught him to read Proverbs , and he said he was reading the Bible we gave him previously. Sadly, we had one heckler who came by just to mock Jesus and everything we believed. He promised to read the booklets he took with an open mind, but we had to ask him to leave after about 15 minutes of his blaspheming the Lord, because we were afraid he was keeping genuine seekers away from the table. He said he was not afraid of going to hell.  We told him that when he got there he would feel differently and he would certainly believe in Jesus then! We packed up everything and headed back to the church office.  Then, we had a special time in prayer together, as we thanked the Lord for being such a Good Shepherd and allowing us to be part of His work through sharing the glorious Gospel of Jesus, a Savior who loved us enough to die in our place. 
"Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. Show me Thy ways, O Lord. Teach me Thy paths. Lead me in Thy truth and teach me, for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25: 1,4-5
For thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out…I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep and I myself will make them lie down,” declares the Lord God. Ezekiel 34:11-15
For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is his name; and the holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called. Isaiah 54:5

No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
John 15:15



Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness,
through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.
For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge;
and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance,

and in your perseverance, godliness;
 

  and your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love, for if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:2-8