Monday, December 30, 2013

LTW Update: Second Day of Outreach in Cabo San Lucas, MX










 All materials are free, and we do not sell anything. Everyone is loved, no matter their background or religious belief system. We had another great day of outreach in Cabo as these photos show the second day we set up there! It is always interesting to see who will stop at the table to hear about Jesus. Young people who work on the beach in Cabo and sell tickets to water activities came to take tracts in Spanish, and older vendors selling jewelry on the beach also stopped. Never a dull moment in this work, and it is a joy nothing else on earth can give. We are thankful to be working with Garrie and Jackie Price and the sweet Christians at Calvary Chapel Safe Harbor in Cabo San Lucas. We will be keeping them in prayer as this new ministry location begins. Their goal is to set up once per month. We pray for funds for resources to keep the table supplied, and we know God will provide.

“Treasures” 

One by one He took them from me
All the things I valued most
Until I was empty-handed
Every glittering toy was lost

And I walked earth’s highways grieving
In my rags and poverty
Until I heard His voice inviting
“Lift your empty hands to Me”

So I held my hands toward heaven
And He filled them with a store
Of His own transcendent riches
Until they could contain no more

And at last I comprehended
With my stupid mind and dull
That God could not pour His riches
Into hands already full

--Martha Snell Nicholson
Moody Press (1952)
(Quoted from the excellent book 'Confessions of a Transformed Heart' by Nancy D. Sheppard)